11 Steps to Better Skin
1. Wash all of your towels and washcloths in hot water. Hot water dissolves the oil and dirt that can cause breakouts.
2. Wash your pillowcases more often than you wash your sheets. Your pillowcases get dirty from hair products, face products, and sweat every time you sleep on them. When you sleep on your side, this transfers to your face.
3. Don’t use hair products with silicones in them, especially if you exercise or sweat daily. Silicones are hard to rinse off with water and can get onto your face during a workout.
4. Always use a new clean washcloth on your face. A damp washcloth that has been sitting around for a day or two is already growing bacteria and mold.
5. Don’t use dryer sheets on your towels and washcloths. Dryer sheets leave behind a waxy residue that can clog pores.
6. Clean your phone daily. Your phone is covered in bacteria and germs from your hands and face. A wipe with alcohol every day can work wonders.
7. Drink at least half your weight in ounces of water every day (more if you exercise). So if you weigh 150 pounds, you should try and drink 75 ounces of water.
8. Sleep on your back (if that is at all humanly possible, let us know how you do it). Sleeping on your back can lead to less wrinkles on the face and neck, as well as less swelling of the face when you wake up.
9. Experiment with eliminating dairy, sugar, gluten, and foods enriched with folic acid.
10. Try different things to help move your lymph system. Jump on a trampoline, bounce on an exercise ball or get a lymphatic massage. This is especially helpful if you have bags under your eyes.
11. Get more sleep. As you sleep your skin’s blood flow increases and rebuilds its collagen.